Odea_Centennial_Logo_Large.png

In 1923, 130 young men, including the 7th and 8th grade boys from Cathedral School, enrolled at the newly opened O’Dea High School for Boys. On March 16, 1924, Bishop Edward J. O’Dea, the school’s namesake, presided over the official school dedication. In addition, an active athletic tradition began with the first O’Dea football team boasting a total of 11 players!

Today, O'Dea is home to over 7,000 alumni and over 500 young men. Students travel from over 90 different zip codes to First Hill for a Catholic education rooted in character, faith, and service. ​The start of the 2022-2023 school year will kick off O’Dea’s Centennial Celebration! This year-long celebration will honor and highlight the past 100 years of educating young men on First Hill. The Centennial will also provide an opportunity to look to the next 100 years. 

More information and updates to come soon. Go Irish!

For more information on O'Dea High School, please visit www.odea.org.

We appreciate your support as we celebrate our Centennial! To make a gift in honor of 100 years of catholic education, please click here.

© 2022 by O'Dea High School